Motherhood is a beautiful, emotional, extremely challenging, and very rewarding journey. We all love being moms more than anything. However, like many moms each of us has felt unprepared, isolated, and overwhelmed at times. Today, many families have relocated, and are raising their children away from their extended family – siblings, parents, and grandparents. It takes time and effort to establish yourself in a new community, and to build your support network. Regardless of your proximity to family, it’s important for moms to connect with others in a similar life stage.
We started Bloomington Moms Blog because we are extremely passionate about helping moms feel connected, informed, supported and just plain normal. Because we all have our fair share of crazy! Our blog is written by local moms, for local moms. And, our amazing team of talented, experienced moms share their passion for the Bloomington community and the moms who live here. Together, we are focused on:
- Creating an environment that breathes love, compassion and understanding.
- Encouraging collaboration and the sharing of ideas, information, and life hacks.
- Embracing and learning from women in all stages of motherhood – from pregnancy to grand parenting.
- Establishing a sense of community and togetherness.
- Focusing on our commonalities, not our differences.
- Providing a non-anxious presence for moms who feel overwhelmed, overworked, and unrecognized.
Through our website and social media channels, we will keep you up-to-date on family friendly activities around town, provide advice on parenting and motherhood, connect you with local businesses/organizations, and encourage each of you in your motherhood journey. We hope that you will find strength and encouragement here.