I’ve always been a bit of a nerd. I’m not the type that enjoys Star Wars or superhero movies, but one that has always had a weird love of math. Even as a child, math was always my favorite subject. I distinctly remember being genuinely excited learning my multiplication tables and asking my dad to give me math problems while we waited at restaurants. Like other kids enjoyed reading in their spare time, I enjoyed doing math problems or looking for patterns in numbers.
I remember the first time I learned about the number Pi. I wasn’t quite old enough to really understand, but I somehow got it in my head that I was going to calculate Pi and determine if there is a repeating digit. My dream was quickly crushed as I learned that there were supercomputers that worked on that and it probably wouldn’t be determined by a 10-year-old girl using pen and paper. But, my love for Pi and math lived on.
Out of my love for Pi, every March 14th I celebrate the nerdiest of holidays – Pi Day! I also love to bake, so my favorite way to celebrate is of course with a slice of delicious pie.
Here are a few of my favorite pie recipes (including my favorite savory pie):
- Lemon Cheesecake Pie – A delicious combo of sweet cheesecake and tart lemon filling; my absolute favorite pie!
- Reese’s Pie – A quick, easy, no-bake pie that is simple, yet delicious.
- Apple Pie with Cinnamon Roll Crust – The only way to improve upon apple pie? Apple pie with a cinnamon roll crust!
- Chicken Pot Pie – My only savory pie in the list, but this is one of my favorite Pioneer Woman recipes. I like to make this recipe in small ramekins to make individual sized chicken pot pies!
- Apple Pie Cupcakes – If cake is more your thing, these apple pie cupcakes are a good compromise.
- Kentucky Pie – With or without Bourbon, this is a delicious treat from my home state!
- Key Lime Pie – Another delicious Pioneer Woman recipe!
What is your favorite pie recipe?