‘Tis the Season! The season of too much sugar, too many calories and no pants that fit! You can either run from it or embrace it, and I’m choosing to embrace it, but still be good!
I would like to offer an easy, inexpensive, vegetarian, gluten-free, low-calorie, packed with “super foods” fall recipe using ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry that you can enjoy guilt-free in this season of too much.
- 1 Large (29 oz) can of Pumpkin
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 box (32 oz) of Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup French Onion Sour Cream Dip
- 1 T. Butter
- 1 T. Sugar
- 1 t. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 t. Curry Powder
- 1 t. Turmeric Powder
- 1 t. Salt
- 1/8 t. Cayenne Pepper
- Sour Cream, Chivies, Pumpkin Seeds for garnish
- Saute onion and garlic in butter with pumpkin pie spice, curry powder, turmeric, salt and pepper over medium heat. When onions are translucent, add pumpkin and sugar.
- Stir until blended and then mix in vegetable broth. Bring to a slow boil, stir in sour cream dip and turn off heat.
- Serve in your favorite fall dishes with a garnish of sour cream, chives or pumpkin seeds. Pairs well with a salad and your favorite flat bread.